It`s another day, it`s another recipe! Try out the chicken, broccoli ramen noodle soup! This is one of the ultimate Chinese cuisine basics – once you learn how to make the ramen noodle soup (not one from a packet) you`re set for success! The recipe doesn`t require carrots or bell pepper, we just added it for that extra bit of colour. Also, once you make it, do tell us how it tasted!
Ingredients (for 12 cups)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then brown in batches until golden, about 6 minutes per batch. Transfer the chicken to a platter as browned.
- Stir the garlic and ginger into the pot and cook, stirring until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the stock and chicken with any accumulated juices and bring to a simmer. Stir in the broccoli and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the ramen and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.